Seattle – astonishing year-round indoor and outdoor attractions for city breaks
Posted October 26th 2016 in Latest News, News and Updates,
Seattle has clusters of attractions and experiences across the City. Each cluster can easily take a day:
- Nine acres of Pike Place Market appeals to more than ten million visitors annually and is alongside the main site of Seattle Art Museum. Just to the west lies the Waterfront with Seattle Aquarium, Great Wheel and Harbor Cruises. In the opposite direction is Westlake shopping.
- Seattle Center is home to the iconic Space Needle. Around its base are the EMP Museum (of music sci-fi, fantasy and horror), the mind & glass blowing creations in Chihuly Garden and Glass. Nearby are the Pacific Science Center, Children’s Museum, Ride the Ducks, and more.
- Seattle’s Pioneer Square is home to Underground Tours of the City before it was raised, Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park (free indoor museum), Waterfall Pocket Park and more delicious eateries.
- Other great districts like Belltown, Capitol Hill and Fremont tempt those who have visited Seattle before.
- Pick any week, and Seattle has oodles of interesting events and festivals. For example, come in midwinter on the last week in February for the Northwest Flower and Garden Show, the Seattle Wine and Food Experience or Hops and Props Beer at the Museum of Flight. Alternatively, try late May for part of the three week Seattle International Film Festival, the University District Street Fair or try enjoy a free outdoor concert at Ballard Locks.
Year round, Seattle has outstanding food, wine and beer tasting tours, great experiences in restaurants, delicious local produce, and the world’s best coffee, enough to make food and drink connoisseurs of us all.
Find out more
We have just launched our new Seattle Washington State website for the UK market. This portal provides your window on new developments in the State. http://www.seattle-washingtonstate.co.uk/
Coupled with this is a brand new Washington State International Guide for the UK market which will be launched at World Travel Market. Come and see us on Stand NA150A for your personal copy.
For a quirky laidback look at the City, take a peep at some of podcaster, John Roderick’s #HeySeattle FAQs for Visit Seattle.