Sensational Seattle Tours and Excursions
Posted March 13th 2018 in Latest News, News and Updates,
Whether you have an hour or a whole day, Seattle has an amazing variety of outstanding tours in and near the City to whet any appetite. Here’s our Top 10 – a mix of quirky and mainstream!
- Boeing Factory Tour and Future of Flight Aviation Centre –one of Seattle’s most-loved, premier attractions. Located just 25 miles north of Seattle, the Boeing Tour is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to view 747, 777, and 787 Dreamliners being assembled on the Everett production line.
- Puget Sound Express – cruising at over 40mph, the Chilkat Express takes visitors to the spectacular San Juan Islands in a little over an hour. This makes her the fastest whale watching boat in the Pacific Northwest. Combine that with a three-generation family business dedicated to connecting Seattle’s visitors with the great outdoors.
- Emerald City Trolley Tours – see all the downtown sights and ride in style with Seattle’s only hop-on / hop-off trolley tour. Get on or off at any of the Trolley’s 15 stops to explore Seattle at leisure. One ticket allows visitors to ride Emerald City’s trolleys as often as they like. Trolleys run all day from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Bill Speidel’s Seattle Underground Tour – a humorous stroll through intriguing subterranean storefronts and sidewalks entombed when the City was rebuilt on top of itself after the Great Fire of 1889. The guided tour begins beneath Doc Maynard’s Public House, then spills into historic Pioneer Square, Seattle’s birthplace, before plunging underground for an exclusive, time-capsule view of the buried city.
- Evergreen Escapes – Talented local guides lead small groups in luxury vehicles to Washington State’s jaw-dropping natural wonders. Single day trips to the region’s most iconic landscapes provide an opportunity for immersive exploration and fun! Book today to discover the natural beauty of America’s Pacific Northwest.
- Argosy Cruises – a choice of six wonderful narrated cruises with spectacular views and majestic backdrops: Harbour Tour, Chittenden Locks Cruise, Tillicum Cruise to Blake Island, Lake Washington Cruise and, at weekends, try a wine tasting cruise on Saturdays or an historical cruise on Sundays. The Harbour Tour is available on the Seattle CityPass.
- Seattle Free Walking Tours – 101 is a highlights tour. Others specialise in history, true crime or the market tour. The mission is to educate others about Seattle’s diverse history and culture while providing work opportunities for members of the community.
- Bon Vivant Wine Tours offer day tours to Woodinville from Seattle lasting 6 – 7 hours and taking in 4 – 6 wineries and at least one food stop. Tours run daily from May to October and 3 or 4 times per week at other times of year.
- Kenmore Air – a float plane trip is the quintessential Pacific Northwest experience. See-attle as never before, taking off from South Lake Union for a short scenic flight. Spectacular longer trips over Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens or the San Juan Islands, are also available in land planes from Boeing Field, South Seattle.
Adventura Terra – from April to October on Whidbey Island, slip-on a climbing harness and Adventura Terra’s well-trained, safety conscious guides help beginners to inch-worm their way up 20 storeys into the canopy of massive Douglas fir trees. The squirrel’s eye views of rugged sea cliffs at Deception Pass or brilliant sunsets behind the Olympic mountains are stellar.