Meetings and incentives in Seattle and Washington State
Posted July 21st 2017 in Latest News, News and Updates,
Seattle and Washington State are positioning themselves more and more in the minds of meetings and incentive bookers, reinforced by Seattle being the city of choice for major global businesses including Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Expedia, Starbucks, Costco, Facebook and Boeing. These companies base themselves in Seattle to offer an adventure meets urban lifestyle few can beat that is ideally suited for the lifestyles of their well-qualified, creative, high-achieving employee base.
This same quality of life and dramatic, contrasting beauty underpins a massive growth in the number of flights between the UK and Seattle with some 70,000 more seats coming online this year to meet increasing demand from business and tourism, with both Virgin Atlantic and Norwegian adding to BA’s offer of direct non stop flights from Heathrow and Gatwick to Seattle.
The airport, Sea-Tac International, is one of the fastest growing in the USA and has shorter flight times from London, than Miami, LA and Las Vegas. Seattle’s cruise ports that service all the major cruise lines to Alaska are also busier than ever and leading hotel groups are opening major new properties in Greater Seattle every month. For example, five star luxury SLS Hotels has properties only in Miami, Beverly Hills, and Las Vegas. Now their 2017-18 opening is in Seattle.
So what is it that Seattle and the Pacific North West can offer for meetings and incentives that nowhere else can match?
Brett Robertson, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for SHW, a leading corporate event planning and management company says of Seattle; “One of the U.S.’ fastest growing cities, Seattle extremely accessible, with plenty of flights coming to and from SeaTac Airport every day. It is also a cultural hub with the Seattle Art Museum, The Chihuly Garden & Glass Museum, the prestigious Pacific Northwest Ballet and Seattle Symphony, as well as plenty of live music (Seattle is the home of grunge, after all!) and amazing restaurants and food scene.”
Malte Kluetz, President and Founder Uniquely Northwest, a destination management company says; “One of the most liveable places in the world, Seattle is also one of the best places to hold meetings or experience unique incentive programs and is surrounded by the dramatic Pacific coastline, high alpine terrain, sparkling inland waters and evergreen forests.”
Whatever an organisation’s price point, Seattle and Washington State really do have it all.
- Ultimate sophisticated laid-back city life
- Towering volcanic mountains, verdant forests, dramatic coasts, serene islands
- Amazing farm to fork food complemented by wines from 900 wineries, plus a great craft beer scene
Imagine experiencing one or more of the following;
- A scenic sea-plane trip to the San Juan Islands to connect with a private vessel to view orca whales, followed by kayaking adventure
- A 5 day team adventure in the North Cascades with Evergreen Escapes
- For a more urban based 5 day itinerary, see SHWorldwide that offers a sample of ideas, working with the historic Fairmont Olympic hotel
- For a really full day, there’s a 3 in 1 Seattle & Boeing Day Trip Combo with Tours Northwest
- Visualize the group’s final send off party from a private event under the star-lit ceiling at Chihuly Glass and Gardens, with the iconic outline of the Space Needle overhead.
For these and many more experiences for meetings and incentive bookers, Seattle, Washington and Pacific North West specialists know the State intimately and can provide options and choices that add value at every point. Contact;
There is one danger of choosing Seattle and Washington State for an incentive trip – the organisation’s employees and trusted clients may love it so much, they may want to relocate there permanently!
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter;